Thursday, December 26, 2013

Merry Christmas

Sometime early in December my wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I said, "Just your love, dear."

Silence.

She stared at me with a patient look – the one she only gives when she thinks I'm randomly feeding her a mouthful of bull.

Then I rattled off a few items and ended with a new disc golf bag.

My old one is a big PDGA bag with broken zippers and I was extremely interested in trying a backpack style bag.

She started asking questions about models and colors and such, so I showed her a bunch of pictures.

Later in the month she warned me that packages were arriving from UPS and I was asked not to look at any of the shipping labels.

I promised.

When the day came I opened the door and bent down trying hard not to look at the shipping label on the large box at my feet, but as I diverted my eyes they landed on this...



Yep.

I knew what it was immediately. Man, I was stoked.

She was so pissed when she saw that double D sticker. She knew I knew.



I was offered the chance to open the box early, but I told her I wanted to wait. Now I can't wait to carry it out in the woods.


I bet it will make me throw farther.

Thank you, sweet love honey pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment